We stand behind our work with the highest quality craftsmanship, materials, and include a lifetime transferable warranty with each shelter. Our tornado shelter and safe rooms have received a “pass” rating from the Texas Tech Wind Science Research Center, been reviewed by the American Tornado Shelter Association, and National Storm Shelter Association.
Storm shelters by Smart Shelters are engineer-approved and can be installed in as little as four hours (depending on size). All garage or outdoor tornado shelters are constructed with the following materials:
- 10 gauge steel walls.
- ¼” steel lids.
- Outer leak and corrosion protection with a marine grade coal tar application. NOTHING protects underground storm shelters better!
- Removable handrail, adjustable stairs, and carpeted benches.
- Back lid is removable allowing for an additional exit point.
- Front lid is patented, auto-latching, and has 3 locking points to insure the lid stays securely closed.
- Over 120″ of air breathing space.
- Lifetime transferable warranty.
- Includes battery operated fan/light combo.
- Lockable outer lid allows for the shelter to be used as a safe to store valuable documents, guns, ammo, or valuables.
- Exceeds FEMA and ICC 500 guidelines.
- Engineer seal of approval.
- Optional winch to pull lid open (if necessary).
- Optional hydraulic jack to raise lid (if needed).